Our partners are offsetters – they are dedicated to taking meaningful steps towards real and immediate climate action.
Our designation program helps our partners differentiate themselves as climate leaders. Partners reduce their emissions and purchase offsets to achieve varying levels of carbon-management commitment. Companies, products, and events can be designated as ‘Climate Friendly’, ‘Carbon Neutral’, or ‘Carbon Positive’.
Carbon Positive Offsetters
Carbon Positive partners have measured their carbon footprint for all Scope 1, 2 and material Scope 3 emissions sources – as wells as immaterial Scope 3 emissions, if the data is easily accessible. All efforts to reduce significant sources of emissions have been made – or if the client is in the early stages of their carbon management program, they have set reduction targets and plans are underway to achieve them. These clients offset their full footprint each year, plus at least an additional 10% of emissions as a commitment to creating a positive and lasting impact on the environment.
Carbon Neutral Offsetters
Carbon Neutral partners have measured their carbon footprint from all Scope 1, 2 and material Scope 3 emissions sources – and immaterial Scope 3 emissions sources if the data is easily accessible. All efforts to reduce significant sources of emissions have been made – or if the client is in the early stages of their carbon management program, they have set reduction targets, and plans are underway to achieve them. All remaining emissions are offset—reducing their overall footprint to net-zero.
Climate Friendly Offsetters
Organizations with this climate designation have made significant reductions and/or offset a material emissions source(s) accounting for at least 25% of their GHGs.
These event organizers made a commitment to reducing the environmental impacts of their events, working with Offsetters to reach carbon neutral or climate friendly status.
- 99th Grey Cup 2011
- America’s Cup 2013
- Baltimore Grand Prix 2011
- BC Aviation Council Conference
- BC Clean Air Forum
- BC Ministry of Tourism Conference
- BC Tourism Industry Conference 2010
- BMO Vancouver Marathon 2009
- Building Lasting Change
- Cities Alive Conference 2010
- City of Calgary Conference
- Coady International Institute – Youth in Partnership 2009
- Edmonton Waste Management Conference
- Engineers Without Borders National Conference 2011
- EPIC: The Sustainable Living Expo 2009
- FCM Sustainable Communities
- Forum for Women Entrepreneurs
- Global Alliance for Banking on Values annual conference 2012
- Global Habitat Festival
- GLOBE 2010
- GLOBE 2012
- GLOBE 2014
- Green Living Show
- Grey Cup 2010
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan Events, 2017, 2018
- Home and Garden Show
- Int. Conference on Human Health
- International Leadership Association
- MTV Live Earth Party
- Okwaho Equal Source First Nation Adapt Workshop, 2018
- Party for the Planet 2011
- Planet in Focus Film Festival 2009
- Puget Sound Ecosystem Conference
- Responsible Travel and Tourism Forum 2009, 2010
- Science Centre World Congress
- SilverBirch Hotel Conferences
- Sustainable Brands San Diego 2014
- Take the Lead BC Conference
- TIES – Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Conference 2010
- UBC Net Impact Career Fair 2009, 2010
- Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
- Vancouver Home and Design Show
- Vancouver Sun Run
- Victoria Ska Fest
- Vision Vancouver Nomination
- William Siksay Campaign
- World Climate Summit 2010
We are always excited to partner with organizations committed to innovation. To learn more about some of our partners and the work we have done with them, take a look at our partners’ projects.
Learn more about how you can be a climate leader.