Ostrom Climate is the place for smart and passionate people. We’re a small company with lots of interesting people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and we all agree it’s a great place to work.
We believe in:
Integrity: We are honest and transparent, holding strong positions on what is moral and ethical in the pursuit of our climate vision.
Practicality: We prioritize feasible and immediate action based upon real circumstances over abstract considerations.
Thoughtfulness: We bring the best of our collective intelligence and wisdom to every project and relationship.
Optimism: We share hope and confidence that society will successfully act to address the climate crisis and ‘tragedy of the commons’.
Ostrom Climate Solutions is a global leader in the design, development, and implementation of GHG reduction programs. We are based in Vancouver, British Columbia, and have one of the most experienced full-service carbon management teams in North America. We help our clients meet carbon offset obligations with our portfolio of projects, including clean technology and land-based offsets from North America and around the world. We also provide carbon and environmental footprinting services, life cycle assessments, environmental and sustainability reporting, and climate risk management services.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated and passionate individual to join our Carbon Management & Innovation team as an Intermediate LCA Analyst. This individual will provide comprehensive LCA expertise to support various core business lines, including environmental benefits assessment, product and enterprise sustainability measurement and reporting, low carbon fuel standard credit development, and other carbon-related project activities.
This can be either a part-time or full-time position, depending on the candidate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating life cycle assessment models in SimaPro and other relevant LCA tools Analysis of process data and developing life cycle inventories
- Writing, editing, organizing, and managing project documents and reports
- Acting as an in-house subject matter expert on LCA practices
- Supporting the development of Low carbon fuel credits for various low carbon fuels projects, with a particular focus on biofuels
- Providing technical support to the clean technology projects sourcing team for the voluntary and compliance carbon credit markets
- Supporting team members in other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in science or applied science
- Minimum of four years of professional work experience, with considerable LCA experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of LCA software, including SimaPro
- Good command of evolving policy and best practices in GHG Management, corporate and supply chain decarbonization, circular economy practices, and life cycle thinking
- Strong numerical aptitude and ability to interpret highly technical data in order to solve complex analytical problems
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience and/or familiarity with various low carbon fuels standards and credit markets
Skills and traits:
- ‘Excellent written and oral communication skills: comfortable writing and reviewing technical documents and presenting to prospective clients
- Entrepreneurial mindset: creative, positive, resourceful, and motivated for success
- Detail-oriented: the ability to focus on details even in times of high pressure
- Organized: the ability to manage several projects under multiple deadlines, and effectively track time, budgets, and project status
- Ability to achieve objectives both independently and in a team environment
Key Reporting Relationship:
Reports to Director of Carbon Management & Innovation
How To Apply:
Please send your resume with a cover letter attached to CMIemail@example.com
Position will remain open until filled.